Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's kind of like a JACK in the BOX.

So, I'm taking this semester off from school. And to be honest with you, I'll probably take next semester off too. I start out the semester excited and energized. That fades and I end up not doing well in my classes at all. I don't like not doing well in my classes, I just get a little lazy and things start slipping.... I know, lame excuse. Anyways, to get to the point of my blog... ;) Massage Therapy has returned to the forefront of my mind as a profession. Like the title says, it's kinda like a Jack in the Box. It pops up in my mind at random times, surprising me, it sticks around for varying amounts of time and then returns to it's hiding place to jump back out at an undisclosed point in time. I don't know if I'll go through with it, but I'm going to tour the school I'm looking at at the end of the month. Cross your fingers and pray for me to know the right decision! I'm working on figuring things out. Hopefully it won't take too long to figure it out, this time. ♥ :]

6 comments:

lacy lee said...

Massage therapy could be amazing. I know you'll figure it out, Pearl!!

pearlynmarie said...

Thanks Lace! :) Love you!

Jamie said...

pearly, figuring out your life is hard. take it easy--work hard so you can take care of yourself, never stop learning--eventually your "thing" will reveal itself. and there is nothing wrong with choosing an occupation to fund your (hopefully life-long) education. so go be a massage therapist, pay the bills, and keep exploring--travel, take classes, make friends--suck all the marrow out of life! you don't have to figure it all out before you're 25 even though the world says you must to be awesome.

pearlynmarie said...

Thanks Jamers! I've decided to go ahead and GO! I'm so excited!! :))

Katherine said...

I read this article and it reminded me of your post. You might find it interesting/helpful
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/16/weekinreview/16steinberg.html?hp

pearlynmarie said...

Thanks Kat!